Hi there! My name is Adrian Castellanos and I am this year’s Peer Leader Coordinator! I was born in Hoboken, New Jersey, raised in Weehawken, New Jersey, and back in Hoboken for my time at Stevens. I am currently a junior Civil Engineering student getting a minor in Pre Law and Public Policy.
This is my second year working with the Office of Undergraduate Student Life on the Peer Leader Team, and I’m enjoying every minute of it. We’ve been spending a lot of time planning and rethinking orientation this year to make it the best that we can offer you and set you up for success. We have a lot of fun things in store and can’t wait to share them all with you!
Outside my role of the Peer Leader Coordinator I’m also the Stevens Student Government Association Vice President where we work to advocate for student interests alongside the Office of Student Life. This summer I’ve also taken on an awesome role as an Undergraduate Research Assistant. I have nothing but enjoyed my time at Stevens, and I am excited to see what each and every one of you will accomplish in your time here! Go Ducks!
Here are a few ways to prepare for your Stevens journey and start off on the right foot in August!
- Connect with Us! Peer Leader Blogs, First-Year Features, and other resources will be shared on our social media pages weekly! We also invite you to join the “Stevens Institute of Technology Class of 2024” Facebook page to connect with others in your class. Follow us for great information all summer long!
- Facebook: Stevens Students
- Instagram: StevensStudents
- Twitter: @StevensStudents
- Join us for a webinar or hangout! Office of Student Life staff and Peer Leaders will host informational webinars and social hangouts throughout the summer about academics, your college transition, and making the most of your first year. You will receive emails inviting you to attend, so stay tuned!
- First-Year Read- This year’s common read for all first-year students is “What the Eyes Don’t See” by Mona Hanna-Attisha.
- You will receive a copy in the mail soon, and it is expected you will have it read before orientation so you can engage in discussion over the content during that time.
- There will also be a flyer inside the book addressing a summer read contest!
- Reach out if you need help! If you have any questions throughout the summer about your transition to Stevens or orientation, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information will also be added to www.stevens.edu/orientation throughout the summer as well!
Have a great summer, and we can’t wait to see you at Stevens!
Adrian Castellanos, Civil Engineering